- Improvement – added search function to signatures page – thanks Michael
- Improvement – updated translations
- Improvement – changed the word “street” to “address” – Thanks Simon
- Improvement – updated translations
- Bug fix – updated the email field test so it doesn’t fail on the newer top level domains. – Thanks @zeller
- Improvement – redirection delay after signing now adjustable
- Improvement – Removed the “retype your signature” for users when confirmation is enabled. What was the point of that when users didn’t have to retype if not confirming? Thanks Michael.
- Improvement – made “Country” placeholder translatable
- Bug fix – added placeholder for Country field
- Bug fix – database fields weren’t being created for new installs
- Bug fix – recaptcha worked well. However if it wasn’t enabled people couldn’t sign. Kludge workaround to keep things going.
- Bug fix – copied Norwegian language file from nb_NO to no_NO
- Improvement – minor rearrangement of settings page
- Bug fix – left code out of 1.20.1
- Improvement – if custom field is displayed, label is required
- Improvement – individual address elements can be required or not – thanks @retrocool
- Improvement – support for recaptcha2 – enable on dashboard > SpeakOut! > settings page – thanks to @Audun and others for prodding me ;o)
- Improvement – updated Czech translation. Thanks Michal.
- Improvement – added Japanese translation – needs work, can you help?
- Improvement – updated translations
- Bug fix – CSS file not loading on admin settings page
- Bug fix – one updated file not included in 1.19.3
- Bug fix – it seems that the core WP bug I have been wrestling with affects different versions of WP differently so I have rolled it back
- Bug fix – typo was causing a PHP warning in ajax.php
- Bug fix – replace PHP count() with native wpdb->num_rows to eliminate PHP warnings
- Bug fix – new petition not saving
- Bug fix – database update improved
- Bug fix – Still getting the menus right…sorry…
- Improvement – URL can be set (on edit petition page) for redirection after successful signing.
- Bug fix – cause of menu bug discovered (duplicate menu slugs) and remedied.
- Bug fix – seems there is a bug in WordPress https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/48599 that causes an error to be thrown, possibly only on some versions of PHP. It isn’t affecting the petition, it is caused in the rendering of menus in the dashboard – I have added a workaround for now. I am also learning lots about the guts of WordPress 😛
- Bug fix – I introduced a future bug in 1.17.8 when preparing for WP 5.3 by not wrapping a number in quotes. Weirdly it only affected 3 sites (so far) and I couldn’t reproduce it. This was really hard to track down and I couldn’t have done it without the help of @fish911
- Bug fix – in petition, plural of the word “signature” not working in some languages
- Bug fix – CSV download button wasn’t displaying on signature page load
- Improvement – Tidier heading on signature page with better information
- Improvement – added Catalan language – thanks Alberto
- Bug fix – basic theme wasn’t hiding petition message
- Improvement – tidied up code and styles for check boxes below petition
- Bug fix – required custom field not working properly (but it did on my test site…really!)
- Bug fix – Word “location” for custom field setup wasn’t translated
- Improvement – now possible to have custom field be required – thanks Bahman
- Improvement – Code tidied up
- Improvement – translation updates
- Bug fix – squashed a future bug that would have shown up in WP 5.4 – thanks @davidbinda
- Bug fix – missing space in label tag
- Bug fix – missing space in some translations of “Yes, I accept your privac policy” – Thanks Stijn
- Bug fix – unwrap those pesky opt-in checkbox lines
== 1.17.7 ==
- Improvement – updated styles, especially for basic theme.
== 1.17.6 ==
- Bug fix – prevent saviing values of 0 or blank in settings > admin display tab
- Improvement – Tidied up petition options right column in admin area
== 1.17.5 ==
- Bug fix – setting page not working because I copied the wrong code from my development site to a plugin page :o(
== 1.17.4 ==
- Bug fix – when using URL to redirect to specific petition e.g. ?petition=10, the signature count was showing total for the first petition instead.
- Bug fix – when using URL to redirect to specific petition e.g. ?petition=10, the widget was displaying the first petition
== 1.17.3 ==
- Bug fix – custom message wasn’t being displayed after signing – thanks @lucapoe
== 1.17.2 ==
- Improvement – better handling of drop down menu on signatures page
- Improvement – better display of signature list. Only the custom field wraps.
- Improvement – removed much of the old changelog to reduce the size of this file. Legacy updates can be found at https://speakout.123host.net.au/changelog
== 1.17.1 ==
- Bug fix – “display petition message” checkbox not checked by default
- Bug fix – database field added to wrong table
== 1.17.0 ==
- Improvement – petition message can now be displayed (default) or hidden, option located in right column when editing petition. Thanks to people who suggested this.
- Improvement – if custom field is active, the contents are now displayed in the admin signature list. Thanks @fredygiro
- Improvement – added support for Anedot.com fundraising form. Enable this in the petition settings page. It adds a tab to the settings page. The donation form is then displayed as part of the success message when someone signs the petition. Thanks @DougJoseph for the idea and the code.
- Improvement – added de_DE_formal language as it seems to be a thing – I can’t find any info about this.
- Improvement – updated language files
== 1.16.4 ==
- Improvement – Honorific now included in CSV export of signatures – thanks Peter
== 1.16.3 ==
- Bug fix – return URL wasn’t saving Thanks @dougjoseph
- Bug fix – allow + sybmol in email addresses – did you know that if your email is email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org works and when providing your details doing something like email@example.com can identify if people are selling your email address (SpeakOut! isn’t).
- Improvement – tidied up the behaviour when someone clicks confirmation email and returns to site.
- Improvement – cleaned up some inconstistent text formatting
== 1.16.2 ==
- Improvement – tweaked CSS for checkboxes on petition so they lign up more neatly
== 1.16.1 ==
- Improvement: fixed incorrect checkbox alignment in basic CSS file – thanks @daymobrew
- Updated to WordPress 5.2.3
== 1.16.0 ==
- Improvement: changed field labels to placeholders, reduces size of petition. Required fields now have no label and a pale red border rather than a red asterisk after the label. The border colour can be adjusted in theme-default.css, find the :required element. Thanks for the pointer @mistercurtain
- updated widget, sometimes changes to main petition get forgotten in widget
== 1.15.3 ==
- Improvement: some instructions in public.js to fade a petition were around the wrong way
- Improvement: moved some code around to make it easier for individuals to allow HTML tags
- Improvement: Tested to WordPress 5.2
== 1.15.2 ==
- Improvement: Added Icelandic translation – thanks Hildur.
== 1.15.1 ==
- Improvement: updated a style element – thanks @swinggraphics
== 1.14.11 ==
- Bug fix – add missing field to new installs from last 2 days
== 1.14.10 ==
- Bug fix – missing field in database for new installs
== 1.14.9 ==
- Improvement – updated translations
== 1.14.8 ==
- Bug fix – missing translation in confirmation.php – thanks Stefan
- Bug fix – email and confirm boxes now same width as others
- Improvement – updated to match WP 5.1.1
- Improvement – tidied up petition options UI
- Improvement – removed list of US states from widget
- Improvement – address fields can now be required – dashboard > SpeakOut! > petitions > edit The Address fields required checkbox is only visible if Display address fields is checked. This works if collecting all addresss fields or even if only collecting a single field.
== 1.14.7 ==
- Bug fix – recently reinstated import menu item had disappeared
== 1.14.6 ==
- Bug fix: missing space in one German translation – thanks Timo
== 1.14.5 ==
- Improvement: switched submit from a link to a button for accessibility – thanks @morriscountynj
== 1.14.4 ==
- Improvement: Updated compatability to WP 5.0.2
- Improvement: Reinstated legacy speakup import (who knew it was still needed 😛 )
== 1.14.3 ==
- Bug fix: missing placeholder in array – thanks Chris J.
== 1.14.2 ==
- Bug fix: if petition had expired, widget wasn’t closing elements properly. Thanks Dominik B.
== 1.14.1 ==
- Bug fix: database tables not updated properly
== 1.14.0 ==
- Bug fix: If no confirmation return URL email confirmation page no longer tries to redirect.
- Bug fix: In dashboard, confirmation return URL defaults to site URL instead of “0” if blank.
- Bug fix: Custom message wasn’t being displayed. Is now below the “thank you” after signing.
- Improvement: Added some info under display options fields
- Improvement: Added location (top, above country or bottom) for position of custom field.
- Improvement: Text for confirmation page dynamically changes for better UI if no return URL
- Improvement: updated language files
- Improvement: removed link for legacy import from speakup, the original plugin.
- Improvement: Added Slovak language – thanks @Beata
- Improvement: Language updates
== 1.13.2 ==
- Bug fix: one line wasn’t being translated properly in petition or widget. Thanks @sixtyseven
== 1.13.1 ==
- Improvement: Korean translation – Thanks Paul!
== 1.13.0 ==
- Improvement: added optional footer that will be included below signature
- Bug fix: some strings in admin area made translatable
- Improvement: updated language files
== 1.12.3 ==
- Bug fix: Emails are now sent using the character set of the blog – thanks Dominik B.
== 1.12.2 ==
== 1.12.1 ==
- Bug fix: count() replaced to stop warnings in PHP 7.2+ – thanks @philiprabbett
- Bug fix: error in new CC field if “collect signatures only” was selected when creating new petition – thanks @philiprabbett
== 188.8.131.52 ==
- Version bump: readme.txt hadn’t been saved before plugin update.
== 1.12.0 ==
- Improvement: added target email CC so you can have your target and also CC to other email addresses. Thanks for the idea @sixtyseven
- Bug fix: code change in class.petition.php to stop warning in PHP 7.2 – thanks @sixtyseven
- Improvement: If you have multiple petitions, when viewing the signature list in the dashboard, it shows the petition number beside the petition title.
- Bug fix: if using link directly to petition e.g. /?petition=4 signatures for that petition now displayed
- Improvement: designated email fields as “type=’email'” to pop email friendly keyboard on mobile.
- Improvement: tidy up CSS file
- Bug fix: removed extra field value from form
== 1.11.0 ==
- Bug fix: added test to make sure jquery isn’t already loaded in admin settings page. Some themes do load jquery and this seems to have been the source of several reports of content missing from settings page and only tabs visible. Yay! Thanks Patrick S, footballmaestro25 and Alberto C who worked with me on this.
== 1.10.5 ==
== 1.10.4 ==
- Bug fix: widget was showing an admin checkbox instead of the honorific field. It has been like that for a while, surprised no one reported this.
== 1.10.3 ==
- Bug fix: Fix the bug fix done in too much of a hurry :o(
== 1.10.2 ==
- Bug fix: something I know I edited earlier had reverted itself somehow
== 1.10.1 ==
== 1.10.0 ==
- Update: languages
== 1.9.1 ==
- Bug fix: I left a debug line in the installer script which prevented the signature table being created for new installs…sigh…
== 1.9.0 ==
- Bug fix: missing value in function saving signature when confirmation not required Another of those “how did it ever work?” errors 😛
- Improvement: moved the FAQ to https://SpeakOut.123host.net.au/FAQ
- Improvement: IP address now being saved with signature and exported with CSV
- Improvement: updated languages – some are incomplete, if yours is, I would love your contribution.
== 1.8.4 ==
- Bug fix: BCC wasn’t working if people had to confirm email address
== 1.8.3 ==
- Improvement: updated some functions to ensure compatability with future PHP versions
- Improvement: Nicer HTML in confirmation emails – I was sure I had done this in the past 😛
== 1.8.2 ==
- Bug fix: typo must have caused problems with honorific 😛
- Bug fix: fine tuned HTML in confirmation email message
- Improvement: allowed some formatting tags in confirmation email message
- Improvement: update all translations including correction to German translation (Thanks @MKJ2)
- Improvement: if the full name is displayed in the signature list (not anonymised surname) it also displays the honorific. I am sure someone is going to ask for this to become an option ;o)
- Improvement: the [your signature] in the displayed petition text looks like shortcode to site owners. I have changed it to **your signature** to lessen confusion
- Improvement: Danish translation added. Thanks to A.L. who didn’t want to be acknowledged but will be anyway :o)
== 1.8.1 ==
- Improvement: confirmation emails now HTML instead of plain text
- Improvement: added signaturegoal shortcode to display signaure goal. Useful in conjuction with the signaturecount shortcode e.g. We have 257 signatures towards our goal of 350.
- Improvement: updated petitions list to show all the shortcodes possible
== 1.8 ==
- Bug fix: moved the code for the response message outside the form – this only affected anyone who had the form hide on submission
- Bug fix: hadn’t updated one CSS colour
- Bug fix: optin label bumping to new line if long.
- Improvement: addition of non-gender specific honorific “Mx”
- Improvement: updated German translation didn’t get included
== 1.7.2 —
- Bug fix: removed recaptcha code – it wasn’t implemented anyway, but was ready to be activated. The recaptcha process is tied to each website requiring a site ID and a secret code. If it is included in a plugin then you would be required to open a google developer account and get your authentication codes to submit via the plugin. This is too onerous a request of people so I am looking at alternatives so that spam can be stopped.
== 1.7.1 ==
- Bug fix: recaptcha shouldn’t be displaying. I am working on integrating it and this was preliminary code
- Improvement: Box displaying confirmation of signing and any errors moved from top of form to bottom. Makes more sense that it is underneath where person just clicked
- Big fix: incorrect color value in CSS for progress bar when more than 50% to goal
== 1.7.0 ==
- Bug fix: incorrect code uploaded in 184.108.40.206
== 220.127.116.11 ==
- Bug fix: Typo in widget code caused closing to not be included.
== 1.6.9 ==
- Improvement: Added percentage thingy to widget as well
- Improvement: CSS files updated to fix some errors
- Improvement: Added “thanks for signing”/error notification box at bottom as well as at top (Thanks Sherry)
== 1.6.8 ==
- Bug fix: the percentage of goal worked fine in testing with low goals, but high goals didn’t calculate % properly
- Improvement: added “of goals” to all language files
- Bug fix: hopefully 😛 the word signature wasn’t pluralising properly, at least in French.
== 1.6.7 ==
- Improvement: When you have set a goal, it how shows the percentage of the goal reached so far beside the signature count, plus the goal value on the right of the progress bar. (Thanks for pointing this out @anderenbenutzer)
- Improvement: reversed the colours of the progress bar. It is now red when hardly signed and green when 100% of goal. Makes more sense I reckon.
- Improvement: Added blank index.php file in each directory to prevent directory listing. This is more for housekeeping, since like all like all WP plugins, SpeakOut! is open source so anyone can download it and view the file structure.
- Improvement: reduced the time for confirmation redirect from 10 seconds to 2 seconds.
- Improvement: fixes to German translation (Thanks Frank J)
- Update: minor tweaks to the file that generates this text
- Bug fix: If optin text is long, it wrapped onto a new line leaving the checkbox orphaned on a new line.
- Bug fix: The phrase “Your Signature” wasn’t being translated when viewing petition text
- Bug fix: Custom field label wasn’t being saved when petition was created
== 1.6.6 ==
- Feature: It is now possible to have the petition form hide after it is signed, leaving the success message and social media icons. Look at /wp-content/plugins/speakout/js/public.js on line 108 (Thanks for the suggestion @kayleyathomas)
- Update: Added honorific Dr. Can add others on request ;o) (Thanksf for the suggestion @jimkcombs3)
- Update: All language files (Thanks Frank J. for German fixes)
- Update: changed text in signature field to black (from dark grey on grey). Remember that you can have your own .CSS file if you want to modify styles.
- Bug fix: Honorific was completely broken on widget
- Bug fix: Some phrases weren’t translating in confirmation email (Thanks Frank J.)
== 1.6.5 ==
- NEW FEATURE: If you have multiple petitions and don’t want to have a separate page for each one, you can load petitions dynamically by using the url example.com/?petition=(petitionID) e.g. https://speakout.123host.net.au/?petition=2 Thanks Rick for this cool idea plus the code to make it work.
== 18.104.22.168 ==
- Added Arabic translation – thanks Asem Alzoubi
- Updated German translation to include Fraulein for Miss
- Changed the term Post Code to the more generic Postal Code and updated all translations
= 1.6.4 =
- Updated countries to match the current situation in the former Yugoslavia – thanks @cello78ss
- Another tweak to try to solve broken confirmation links in some email clients – thanks @rotegras
= 22.214.171.124 =
- Tweak of CSS to suit honorific fix
= 1.6.3 =
- Made honorific optional – you can’t please everyone :o)
= 1.6.2 =
- Some edited files not included in 1.6.1
= 1.6.1 =
- forgot about the translation of honorifics (Ms, Mr etc)
= 1.6.0 =
- rearranged fields on dashboard > speakout > settings > signature list, moving the Display above Columns as choosing long list disables the Columns fields. This makes it more clear why they might be disabled
- petition admin display options, Display custom message slider wasn’t opening
- added honorific (Ms, Mr etc) field on petition. This is displayed in target email.
= 1.5.6 =
- fixed bug where comma separated signature list only showed abbreviated surnames. Thanks Stefan
= 1.5.5 =
- for new installs removed extra space character after the petition title in confirmation message. Existing installs can edit this in dashboard > speakout > settings > confirmation emails
- changed the email content type from text/html to text/plain following reports it messed with Outlook emails.
= 1.5.4 =
- changed the email for confirmation emails to utf-8 to fix the link only being half clickable in some email apps (GMX in particular). It will now be a non clickable URL in some software, but it is still fine in gmail. Not quite sure what is going on here, but this solves the problem of the link breaking.
- to match the previous fix, default text for confirmation emails in new installs is now “Please confirm your email address by clicking or copying and pasting the link below:”. In existing installs you can change the text by going to dashboard > speakout > settings > confirmation emails > email message
= 1.5.3 =
- set default value for ‘custom field value’ (new installs only)
- set default value 0 for ‘signature confirmation’ field (new installs only)
- tweaked default email confirmation message to include petition title (new installs only)
- changed function type to fix errors when landing on email confirmation page
- added text on Admin Display tab of settings to remind about default values
- added missing translation for the word ‘signatures’
- updated all translations – I am sure some of them are a bit dodgy
= 1.5.2 =
- typo in database update – not sure why I can see this on the development site before I commit update :o(
= 1.5.1 =
- typo in database update
= 1.5.0 =
- Fixed mislabelling of petition version so that it updates properly automatically.
- Trying to get languages more efficient a few functions were broken e.g. deleting petitions They should be fixed.
- When choosing to display signatures in a row rather than a table, column checkboxes are disabled.
- Only display 1st 100 characters of custom message column in signature list
- Added nowrap to signer’s name in signature list
= 1.4.5 =
- changed the name of the translation text domain from dk_speakout to speakout as specified here https://developer.wordpress.org/plugins/internationalization/how-to-internationalize-your-plugin/
= 1.4.4 =
- fixed a typo that caused radio buttons to not fill on the petition tab of the setup page.
= 1.4.3 =
- added ability to display in signature list a custom message signer has sent. _dashboard > SpeakOut! > Signature List > check Custom Message
- added requested option (dashboard > speakout > settings > signatures) to display signatures as long comma separated list rather than table e.g. Judy R., Robert F., Steve D., etc
- remembered to update language files to match :o)
- changed width of count column to 12% when displaying signatures in table
- extended maximum execution time of CSV exporter from the default 30 seconds to 3 minutes
= 1.4.2 =
- fixed settings page not displaying in 1.4.1 – ouch!
= 1.4.1 =
- Forgot to update translations to include new “Display BCC field” phrase
= 1.4.0 =
- Added option to globally display or hide BCC field
- Added code to theme_basic.css to fix size of modal popup on mobile devices – thanks @pattihis
= 1.3.11 =
- Add Czech translation. Thanks Petr Štepán
= 1.3.10 =
- updating some phrases
- language file updates to match
= 1.3.9 =
- Fixed warning that ‘$this->WP_Widget’ is deprecated, replaced with ‘parent::__construct’ – had already done this in 1.3.0. Not sure what happened there.
- fixed typo in German translation
= 1.3.8 =
- Fixed bug BCC not working (again). Discovered that I hadn’t uploaded an edited file from my development site, then when I did the upgrade locally it over-wrote my changes with the original code that should have been changed…sigh…
- Housekeeping cleanups
- Fixed Norwegian translation
= 1.3.7 =
- Added Norwegian translation (requested by Robert)
- Added Estonian translation (requested by Janno)
- Updated all translation files with missing strings
- Replaced some hard coded strings with translatable strings
= 1.3.6 =
- Fixed bug BCC not working
- Fixed bug class.petitions.php
- Updated all translation files – I have bought poedit, so translation requests are welcome
- Fixed misnamed German translation file
= 1.3.5 =
- Removed non-breaking-space ‘ ’ from the shortcode example so that if people copy and past the example it doesn’t break the petition.
= 1.3.4 =
- Tidied up uninstall to be better behaved and remove options from database
- Made label text for BCC field auto translatable
= 1.3.3 =
- Importer from speakup had bug. Only change in this version, upgrade not needed if not using importer.
= 1.3.2 =
- Oops! When copying code from test site to code store, accidentally copied contents of one file into another similarly named. FIXED!
- Typo in CSS caused new BCC field to be out of alignment
- Fixed typo and reworded import page for clarity
= 1.3.1 =
- Added option for person signing to BCC self
- Added option to import global settings from speakup over-writing settings in SpeakOut!
- Added some fancies to disable the import button if there are no legacy speakup petitions to import, but enable if settings import is checked
- Added new column with Petition ID to petition list. ID was in display of short codes, but wasn’t intuitive.
- Added petition ID number to edit success message
- Changed settings page title and header from Email Petitions Settings to SpeakOut! Petition Settings to further distinguish from old plugin
- Changed option from “Allow custom messages” to “Allow message to be edited” for clarity
- If option “Allow message to be edited” is checked, on petition top section text will change from “READ THE PETITION” to “READ OR EDIT THE PETITION”
= 1.3.0 =
- Added importer from speakup to SpeakOut!
- Version jump to clean up some confusion after roll back due to broken widget
- Changed dashboard menu titles including main title SpeakOut! to make distinct from “email petition” used in SpeakUp
- Add clarification that multiple email target email addresses can be comma separated
- Removed list of US states from drop-down. This is an international plugin 😛
- Added how to make postal code required to FAQ – thanks @altinkaya
- Fixed warning that $this->WP_Widget is deprecated, replaced with parent::__construct – thanks @mannweb
- Various typo fixes
= 1.2.0 =
Abandon this version – widget broken, version control messed up.
= 1.1.3 =
Wrong icon being displayed
= 1.1.2 =
File missed in commit
= 1.1.1 =
Getting dashboard icons right
= 1.1.0 =
Fix broken directory references missed as part of fork.
= 1.0.0 =
Initial fork of SpeakUp! with additional privacy option in setting so only display first letter of surname